The person in charge of your group should register your group between noon and 1:15 p.m. The Check-in Table can be found on Commonwealth Avenue between North and South drives at Soldiers Grove. All units must be in place no later than 1:30 p.m. Divisions 1 and 2 will step off at 1:30 p.m., proceeding to Parade Start at Commonwealth and Walnut streets. Parade starts promptly at 2 p.m.
- Dais Performances We need to keep the parade moving.
- Bands Do not stop to perform at the dais. We would like you to continue performing as you approach and pass the dais.
- Dance groups You will have one minute to perform at the dais. After one minute, please move on.
- Others. If you are not a band or dance group and plan to perform at the dais, please email the Participants Chairperson. You will have one minute to perform at the dais. After one minute, please move on.
- Fire Units
Again, please no sirens. We have a lot of music again this year. We would like every group to be seen and heard.
- Food & Drink
Commonwealth regulations prohibit vendors on the Capitol Complex so please bring something to eat and/or drink with you to the Parade staging area or visit our downtown sponsors – just be sure to be back in time!
- Inclement weather
There is no alternate parade date. We expect to conduct the parade unless the weather is so severe that the participants’ safety is jeopardized. If we do need to cancel, we will put a message out on Facebook and Twitter. The Participants Chairperson will also send an email to the contact person of all participating groups. A decision will be made by 10 a.m.
- Parade End
At the end of the parade as you approach North and Third streets, continue into the Capitol Complex. Disburse your unit there. This resolves a safety issue caused by Parade units attempting to exit at Third Street where we traditionally have spectators and other traffic.
- Parade Safety
The throwing, tossing, or propelling by any means of any beads, candy, t-shirts, ball, Frisbees, or any other type of souvenir from any vehicle or float throughout the parade route is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. The right of offenders of this policy to parade in subsequent years will be subject to review.
Parade buses and trailers should park on North Street between Commonwealth Avenue and Fisher Plaza. CRAIC Security will guide you to your spots. Enter from Forster Street right onto Fisher Plaza and right onto North Street.
- Restroom facilities
Port-a-johns will be located behind the Finance Building in Soldiers Grove.
The Parade staging area is located on the Capitol Complex grounds behind the Pennsylvania State Capitol Building. (See map.) Please note that vehicular access to the Capitol Complex will be restricted Parade Day to only those vehicles that will appear in the Parade and vehicles transporting horses. All other vehicles transporting parade participants, excluding buses and band equipment vehicles, should unload outside the staging area.
- Parade Vehicle Entry Points
Depending on the Division you are assigned in the Line of March, you will enter at a specific check-point. It is important that you enter the correct entry point. Turning around is very difficult and dangerous to Parade participants!
- Divisions 1 and 2: Divisions 1 and 2: Forster Street and Commonwealth Avenue
- Division 3 and 4: North and Third streets (Yes, this is a one-way street!)
- Parade Busses and Trailers: North Street and Fisher Plaza